How Can We Help?
The waveform module manages the voice oscillators. Each voice is comprised of 3 oscillators:
- Osc1 – Center
- Osc 2 & 3 – Side, one panned hard left and and the other panned hard right
- Osc1 Waveform – selects the waveform for the centre oscillator
- Blend – sets the balance between Osc1 (top) and Osc 2/3 (bottom)
- FM Width / Intensity – applies FM synthesis to the centre waveform
Osc 2/3 Page
- Osc2/3 Waveform – selects the waveform for the side oscillators
- x2 – Doubles (raises by 1 octave) the pitch of the side oscillators
- Width – Applies detuning to osc 2 & 3, top is 1/2 a semitone, bottom is unity
- FM Width / Intensity – applies FM synthesis to the side waveform
- FM synthesis is most musical on smooth waveforms on the vertical lines.
- FM synthesis on waveforms with discontinuities can be used to create noise.